Indian Immunologicals Limited (IIL), as a responsible national organization and corporate citizen, will undertake socially oriented projects in specific areas such as health, education, environment, women empowerment, rural development, so as to make a significant impact on the lives of the people of India and on the social and economic fabric of India.
IIL understands that these projects shall go beyond its stated mission of making biotechnology in healthcare affordable and accessible. IIL will commit financial resources and human capital commensurate with the demands of the projects undertaken. The selection of projects, prioritization and their oversight during execution will be the responsibility of a Board Committee.
The objective of the CSR policy is to enable identification and implementation of CSR projects in the interest of the society at large, with the available resources, in a sustainable manner and also enhance IIL’s societal involvement and image.
The areas in which IIL will focus its CSR activities will be from:
- Promoting Health Care: The basic objective is to improve the health status of the people by providing services, inter-alia in:
- Primary Health Care,
- Health care for mother and child,
- Immunization programmes,
- Preventive medication,
- Tackling malnutrition in women & girls, and
- Awareness campaigns.
- Empowering Women: The objective is to help rural women become self-sufficient:
- Education of women,
- Vocational training,
- Skill development programmes,
- Self-employment programmes,
- Assisting self-help groups.
- Animal Welfare: The objective is to improve the health of animals, thereby increase the productivity of the animals:
- Immunization of livestock and companion animals,
- Providing medication and nutrition for cattle.
- Rural Development: The objective is to improve the living standards in rural India:
- Providing drinking water,
- Improve sanitation and hygiene
- Development of agriculture and allied sectors,
- Improvement of livestock.
- Environmental Protection & Sustainability: The objective is to contribute to the overall improvement of the environment:
- Protection of forests & wildlife,
- Development of sustainable energy resources.
The above list is illustrative and the Board / Committee is authorised to consider other activities not listed above. IIL may also work in conjunction with other companies, organizations, firms for implementing the projects, at the discretion of the CSR Committee.
Execution of CSR Projects:
The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Committee, constituted by the Board of Directors of IIL, shall decide on the projects to be undertaken under CSR, based on the need and the impact it would have on the society, in consultation with the management, the local authorities and implementing agency, if any. CSR Committee will approve the resources to be allocated for each project and monitor the implementation of the projects.
IIL shall allocate at the beginning of any financial year, at least two per cent of its average net profits during the three immediately preceding financial years, for implementing the CSR activities / projects. Any income arising / generated during the CSR Projects and the surplus arising out of CSR activities will also be used only for CSR Projects.
A project proposal shall be submitted to the CSR Committee for evaluation and sanction of funds. The investment in CSR activities shall be project based, with time lines for achievement of milestones, which shall be finalized before such investments. The CSR Committee shall decide on the priority of the activities. The CSR Committee shall monitor and review the CSR projects and shall have authority to provide guidelines / directives with respect to the activities. The CSR Committee shall also review the impact of such projects on the society.
The Managing Director shall constitute an implementation team for each project and delegate such powers as may be required for implementing the projects. The implementation team shall submit such periodical reports, as may be directed by the CSR Committee. The implementation team shall also submit a certificate with respect to utilization of the funds, in the manner as may be specified by the CSR Committee, duly certified by the Internal Auditors of the Company. CSR Committee shall also lay down the modalities for implementing the projects.
Implementation of the CSR projects may be taken up through a trust or a society as provided under the Companies Act, 2013 and the rules thereunder, with the approval of the CSR Committee.
The projects shall be fixed for each financial year, however the CSR Committee may extend the period, depending on merits.
IIL’s CSR activities will be disseminated through its website, annual reports and through the media.
Amendment / Modification
Any amendment/modification to the CSR policy may be carried out by the CSR Committee with the approval of the Board.