Indian Immunologicals was setup by The National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) in 1982, as its unit, with the objective of making vaccines available to farmers at an affordable price. The unit was corporatized as Indian Immunologicals Limited in the year 1999.
IIL is the market leader in veterinary biologicals in India and operates one of the largest plants in the world for veterinary vaccines. IIL has adequate infrastructure and cold chain maintenance capabilities to reach out to the nooks and corners of India. This fexibility in logistics has ensured many products of IIL to occupy top slots in the market.
IIL started manufacturing human vaccines in 1998 at the specific request of the Government of India. IIL is the second company in the world and first in India to launch the purified Vero cell rabies vaccine (PVRV) with the brand – Abhayrab. This led to the discontinuation of use of the older and unsafe sheep brain vaccine (also termed nerve tissue vaccine – NTV) in the Country.
IIL is a major player in the human vaccine market in India, focusing on the pediatric and rabies vaccine segments. IIL is also a major supplier of pediatric vaccines to India’s large Universal Immunization Programme.
IIL pursues not only the mandate of NDDB to provide products and services to enhance the quality of livestock in the country, but also utilizes its technological capabilities for the benefit of the people.
Values and beliefs
- We believe that a technology driven, value based, competitive organization can alone succeed in the global market.
- We believe in providing affordable products with high quality through continuous technical innovations and improvements to satisfy our customers.
- We believe in teamwork, networking, continuous learning and development in our organization.
- We value competence, merit and excellence in our people.
- We value honesty, integrity and fairness in all our dealings.
- We value mutual trust, transparency, openness and professionalism in our dealings.